What is the difference between Solar Reflective blinds and Blackout thermal blinds?
A question that we get asked on a daily basis is "What is the difference between Solar Reflective blinds and Blackout thermal blinds?"
Solar Reflective blinds (sun reflective blinds)The properties of these blinds are as follows:-
- Solar reflective blinds feature a pearlescent backing on the fabric. This intelligent backing reflects both heat and light out of the room keeping it glare-free and cool in the summer.
- This means you can see your TV, protect your furniture and carpet from fading, and enjoy a light and bright room!
- Solar reflective blinds are light filtering (ie they do not darken the room)
- They will reduce heat gain and can therefore save you money on air conditioning and electric fans during the summer if you have a very hot room.
- During the winter these blinds add a layer of insulation to your window
- reducing heat loss to a degree and reducing draft loops.
- Available in both vertical blind fabric and roller blind fabric you can appreciate this innovative fabric in roller blinds, cordless roller blinds, Motorised blinds, vertical blinds, and replacement vertical blind slats!
The properties of these blinds are as follows:-
- Our blackout thermal blinds feature an intelligent white backing on the back of the fabric. This white backing reflects the heat and light out of the room during the summer but also creates a cosy barrier during the winter so that the heat does not escape from the room when the blind is closed.
- Blackout (therefore darkens the room when closed)
- Thermal: keeps the room cool (but dark) in the summer and warm and draft-free in the winter. This can therefore reduce heating bills which is a bonus!
- Available in both vertical blind fabric and roller blind fabric. Therefore you can benefit from this fabulous fabric in many blind applications including roller blinds, cordless roller blinds, Motorised blinds, vertical blinds, and replacement vertical blind slats!
So, what type of thermal fabric should you go for? Solar reflective or blackout thermal?
But always if you need more help please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 0161 451 0290
Thermal Blinds: How the right window blinds can help save you hundreds on your electricity bills
There's no denying it, we're slowly moving away from Summer. Gone are the days of roasting hot mornings and in comes the fluf...
Our Top Energy Saving Tips
Lowering your monthly utility costs doesn't require a total home renovation. With a few strategic adjustments to daily habits...
5 Eco-Friendly Window Treatments
Window treatments not only add beauty and style to your home, but they can also provide some eco-friendly benefits that can s...
3 benefits of rigid PVC vertical blinds
When dressing larger windows or doors, rigid PVC vertical blinds are an ideal option. They have been manufactured as a practi...
What are the best blinds for sash windows?
Sash windows are a popular topic in interior design at the moment. With their traditional style, they have become a common ch...
How to fix my vertical blinds
Here at Lifestyle Blinds, we have been designing and manufacturing window blinds for different homes for many years. We’ve he...
Can Vertical Blinds Be Repaired?
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again - vertical blinds are one of the most practical and stylish options you can choos...
Do cordless blinds last as long as corded?
Whether you’re one of these people who adore trends or someone more rooted in traditional style, any investment in your home ...
Which vertical blinds are the best?
Choosing the right window blinds for your home comes down to a number of factors. Personal preference, chosen interior style ...
Can vertical blinds be fitted in bay windows?
If you’re a repeat visitor to our blog, you’ll have noticed that we’re having a vertical blinds fad at the moment. There’s so...
Can vertical blinds be blackout?
The right window blinds will help you to get the most out of your home. They will prioritise light control, give you the priv...
Are wooden blinds suitable for bathrooms?
There is a unique charm to styling a bathroom. These havens are where we spend time doing very specific activities - whethe...
Are PVC blinds waterproof?
In our modern families, window blinds need to tick several boxes. It doesn’t pay to just cover a window. They also need to he...
Are Wooden Blinds Better Than Plastic?
When it comes to traditional and comforting design, wooden blinds take the lead. Used for many years to keep our homes warm, ...
Can You Buy Replacement Slats For Blinds?
/replacement-vertical-blind-sl... Any investment in your home should fix a problem or solve an issue for the entire family. ...
Are Wooden Blinds Warm?
With Christmas swiftly approaching, we are undoubtedly in the midst of winter. Keeping our homes warm becomes our seasonal fo...
Can Roller Blinds Be Attached To The Ceiling
Roller blinds are, by far, one of the most easily recognisable windows covers on the market. Available in a host of colours...
Mains VS Battery Powered Motorised Blinds - Which Is Best?
The rise of the smart home is also driving the rise of intelligent and integrated technologies that make our every day easi...
Choosing window blinds that dogs can’t destroy
We are a nation of animal lovers with 12.5 million dogs standing as members of the family. The recent lockdowns drove up sale...
Outside Mount or Inside mount - Which is best?
Did you know that many blinds can be outside mount or inside mounting within your window recess? Many homeowners ar...
What To Do When Your Cordless Roller Blinds Won't Go Up or Down
Cordless roller blinds are swiftly becoming a popular option for many homeowners. Not only are they brilliant at managing l...
How do I block a street light in my bedroom?
In the UK, streetlights are a common source of light pollution in the UK. This is especially a cause for concern at night whe...