How to Clean Your Vertical Blinds
The beauty of blinds is that they are far easier to clean than standard curtains. Cost-effective, aesthetically pleasing, and easy to install, the effortless upkeep of blinds is one of their most promising factors. Without the appropriate TLC, blinds can become dowdy in an instant. There are numerous ways to clean your vertical blinds to ensure that they remain spick and span. Here are a few tips from the maintenance experts at Lifestyle Blinds.
We recommend that you treat your vertical blind with the care they deserve so follow these simple steps for a fantastic finish.
- Gently take your vertical louvers down from the track and carefully remove the bottom weights and chains.
- Run a tepid bath and add a delicate fabric wash to the bath. Lie the slats gently in the warm water for 5 minutes gently swirling them in the water and then rehang the wet blinds back onto the tracks with the weights in the bottom to keep them straight. Put tea towels on the windowsills to catch the drips.
- We would recommend doing this even for blinds that are called machine washable just to be on the safe side.
- If your blinds are dusty rather than dirty simply use detergent to loosen particles and rub down with a duster.
- Make sure that you aren’t simply moving the dust around. Run the duster from top to bottom working from slat to slat.
- If you are unsure how to take down your blinds, leave them hanging. Cleaning blinds whilst they hang is often the preferable solution.
- Lay down towels or a tarp beneath the blinds and fill a bucket with warm water. Gently lather on your cleaning solution. You might opt for soap or detergent. You should also have a second bucket to hand filled with cool water which can be used to rinse off the soap. Clean your blinds from top to bottom ensuring that you wash your cleaning utensil in the cool water bucket regularly.
- For particularly dirty blinds, you may be required to use your cleaning utensil several times. Be sure to change your water buckets regularly if the water becomes dirty.To maintain your blinds appropriately, cleaning them weekly is ideal. This prevents the build-up of larger dirt and mess.
- Otherwise, you can simply clean as and when your blinds require a little TLC.
- If for any reason the blinds do not look as good as you would have hoped for after washing replacement vertical blind slats are a really good call. The beauty of vertical blinds is that you can replace the slats when the old ones get old, dirty, or out of fashion or if you just fancy a change.