The kitchen is often referred to as the hub of the house. The place where family and guests alike commune throughout the year to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or everyday meals. And, when it comes to styling it to your preference, there are a whole host of considerations to make. Among these, it is vital that you find the right set of kitchen blinds. They should work from both a practical and stylish point of view, fitting in with your kitchen design and allowing you to love this communal place more and more every day.
Literally a daily question we get asked by our customers is, ‘What are the best blinds for bedrooms?’. We hope that this blog posts answers your questions and gives you the information you need to make the best choice for your bedroom.
A question that we get asked on a daily basis is “What is the difference between Solar Reflective blinds and Blackout thermal blinds?”
Watch this video to find out how thermal or solar reflective blinds can help you!.
Now we have detailed the answer to your question as simply as we can!.
Solar Reflective blinds (sun reflective blinds)
The properties of these blinds are as follows:-
- Solar reflective blinds feature a pearlescent backing on the fabric. This intelligent backing reflects both heat and light out of the room keeping it glare free and cool in the summer.
- This means you can see your tv, protect your furniture and carpet from fading and enjoy a light and bright room!
- Solar reflective blinds are light filtering (ie they do not darken the room)
- They will reduce the heat gain and can therefore save you money on air conditioning and electric fans during the summer if you have a very hot room.
- During the winter these blinds add a layer of insulation to your window
- reducing heat loss to a degree and reducing draft loops.
- Available in both vertical blind fabric and roller blind fabric so you can appreciate this innovative fabric in roller blinds, cordless roller blinds, Motorised blinds, vertical blinds and replacement vertical blind slats!
The properties of these blinds are as follows:-
- Our blackout thermal blinds feature an intelligent white backing on the back of the fabric. This white backing reflects the heat and light out of the room during the summer but also creates a cosy barrier during the winter so that the heat does not escape from the room when the blind is closed.
- Blackout (therefore darkens the room when closed)
- Thermal: keeps the room cool (but dark) in the summer and warm and draft free in the winter. This can therefore reduce heating bills which is a bonus!
- Available in both vertical blind fabric and roller blind fabric. Therefore you can benefit from this fabulous fabric in many blind applications including roller blinds, cordless roller blinds, Motorised blinds, vertical blinds and replacement vertical blind slats!
So, what type of thermal fabric should you go for? Solar reflective or blackout thermal? We hope this article helped and also it may be of use to check out our Thermal and Solar reflective blinds buyers guide .
But always if you need more help please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 0161 451 0290
If you are looking for something a bit different and definitely practical take a look at our new waterproof kitchen blinds and bathroom blinds. Our designers have got their creative heads on delivered some eye-popping designs which are sure to brighten up the hardest working rooms in your home. Take a look at some of our new styles.
Kitchen roller blinds
Our fun and fruity Tabasco Chilli Kitchen Roller Blind gives you the inspiration to bring out the feisty side of your cooking. With its clean white background and selection of crunchy and fresh vegetables this delightful blind is the ideal partner in your kitchen.
This waterproof roller blind minimises the risk of moisture damage whilst also providing a wipe clean surface.
Taste the sweet charm of whimsical interior style with our Apple Crunch kitchen roller blind. Perfect for your kitchen, this jovial window blinds is printed with a neutral-toned pattern of half cut apples.
The mint greens, deep blues and muted greys allow it to be styled easily with your cooking accessories while maintaining a sleek design for many years to come. For protective measures, this quality material has been coated with a waterproof finish to minimise the risk of mould.
It also allows it to be wiped and dusted clean in seconds – perfect for the modern family and their fast-paced requirements.
There is a true elegance to our Crosshatch Frost 100% Waterproof Roller Blind that is sure to complete your contemporary bathroom.
With their durable design, these wipe-clean roller blinds have a pearlescent shimmer to the light silver finish. Combine this with a waterproof coating and you’ve found a practical window dressing option for bathrooms, kitchens and other moisture-rich environments in the home.
Bathroom Roller blinds
If you are looking for a goldfish bathroom roller blind then do we have the blind for you! Our Under The Sea 100% Waterproof Roller Blind is the perfect bathroom blind. The oceanic fish print is patterned in blue and orange with a clean white background for versatility.
When fitted within a fun bathroom the waterproof coating prevents mould and mildew and it can be wiped clean in seconds.
Crosshatch Grey Bathroom roller blind
Perfect for any contemporary stylist, our Crosshatch Grey 100% Waterproof Roller Blinds slip effortlessly into your room.
Crafted to last the test of time, these durable window blinds are finished in a soft grey colour with lighter hatched detailing. A waterproof coating has been applied to the surface which, in turn, makes them ideally suited for installation in bathrooms and kitchens. For easy maintenance, they can be wiped clean and manage to maintain their pristine finish for many years to come.
Such a versatile and minimalist pattern you can choose to fit this blind in your living room, kitchen, wet room or conservatory.
Crosshatch black bathroom blind
Our Crosshatch Black 100% Waterproof Roller Blind can provide the finishing touches that your home needs. The rich black colouring is broken up with a contemporary etched pattern that crosses over the entire blind.
Suitable for use in bathrooms and kitchens, this quality material has been given a waterproof coating to protect it from the effects of high-moisture environments. This level of protection also creates a wipe free service that needs minimal maintenance to stay looking pristine.
The perfect option for any room in your home and one that works with the buzz of modern day life.
If you love the look of our waterproof bathroom blinds and waterproof kitchen blinds come and see the whole collection now at lifestyleblinds.com.
Summer. A time to cherish all those warm, lazy days. Days where eating al fresco is commonplace. From the garden to cobbled high streets, time spent outdoors does wonders for our bodies and minds. As we steep through the brisk chill of January, what could be better than planning in advance for the sun’s imminent arrival? In light of this, Lifestyle Blinds are proud to announce the launch of our brand new measure and fit awnings. They are deal for both residential and commercial properties. Our shade providing devices ensure you’re able to make the most of any outdoor space.
What exactly are awnings?
Awnings are a canvas or material sheet that is stretched across a frame. They are used to keep the sun off of a window, doorway or, amusingly, a ship’s deck. These secondary coverings are attached directly to the exterior wall of a building. Awnings cover a large area and are made to suit your requirements. For commercial buildings, awnings can provide an additional marketing opportunity. Companies can display their business name and contact details on the stretched material.
Hand operated awnings were once the norm. To retract the cover, the owner would have to roll up the material by hand. Today awnings can either be fully automatic or constructed for manual control depending on your needs. They are made-to-measure according to your specifications. Our expert team will also measure and fit your awning for convenience. One of the most popular aspects of these covers is their ability to be adjusted as need be. Not every sunny day requires full coverage. Indeed, in the cooler months of Spring, shade can make an outdoor dining experience uncomfortable. Patio awnings can be extended out and rolled in as the sun moves across the sky. This offers the owner greater control over their outdoor space.
Awnings for commercial properties
You will regularly spot retractable awnings on restaurants and cafes. They have long been a popular choice; favoured for their cost-effective manufacture. Their ability to be personalised and adjustability are also key benefits. Some of the main benefits for commercial awnings includes:
- Marketing opportunity – Awnings offer the perfect way to boost your brand’s visibility. Display your logo directly on to the fabric for an additional marketing avenue. Especially for restaurants, this is an good way of catching the eye of potential customers while also indicating that you cater for outdoor dining.
- Energy efficient – Awnings provide shade for the space inside your windows when fully extended. This reduces the amount of heat absorbed through the glass. In many ways, this is similar to the job of windows blinds. They help to improve your usage of cooling equipment, reducing your heating bills and helping to minimise your carbon footprint.
- Customer comfort – Creating a space where customers can dine outside adds appeal. This is universal across restaurants, bars and cafes. It gives another option to potential visitors and offers a unique experience.
Awnings for residential properties
Awnings are also a functional option for your home. They offer a wealth of stylish and beneficial functions to your outdoor space.
- Shade – Increased shade is the biggest benefit. Summer sun, specifically that from the North West can be particularly intense. If your family consists of the young and the old, shade is the best way to ensure everyone can enjoy outdoor activities. Garden awnings offer control over the shade and which areas are covered. They shade your garden windows, reducing heat absorption in your home significantly. This ensures it feels just as comfortable when you move back in.
- Rain barrier – Awnings give coverage from Summer showers. Even when the heavens open, your family can enjoy the outdoors for longer when nestled underneath.
- Personal style – If you’re someone who loves style and design, awnings are perfect. They come in a range of styles, shades, patterns and fabrics. And, if the garden is your pride and joy, house awnings only help to accentuate its beauty. By providing outdoor seating, your guests can enjoy the fruits of your labour.
- UV Ray protection – Not only do they offer shade. Awnings also give you protection against UV rays. Over time, this minimises the harmful exposure and its effects on the skin while encouraging guests to breathe in fresh air.
- Integrated design – Awnings retract in on themselves. The frame sits close to your building walls, integrating into the look of the property without causing unnecessary bulk. So, if you’ve spent months perfecting the rendering and external look of your home, awnings will help to accentuate rather than damage it.
The Awning Collection
Our brand new range meets the needs of both commercial and residential property owners. These UK manufactured awnings are designed to combine bespoke design with durable construction. We currently have over 200 different awning fabrics to choose from, ensuring your chosen design fits effortlessly into your home. And, each of our options meets all UK health and safety standards for added peace of mind. In total, we currently hold 6 different awning styles to suit your needs.
The A101 Bobcat
The perfect blend between efficiency, strength and lightweight design. The Bobcat is an elegant awning which sits beautifully in residential environments. It has an aerodynamic silhouette and a design which conceals the mechanical features effortlessly. A corrosion resistant powder coating offers external protection with the added benefit of stainless steel components. The most versatile feature of the Bobcat is its ability to be adjusted in pitch from 15-degrees through to 66-degrees. So no matter the length of your outdoor space or the area you’re looking to cover, it provides an ample solution.
The A101 Puma
Ideal for both residential and commercial buildings, the Puma is a compact option. When retracted in, it sits comfortably within a concealed cassette; protecting the fabric and the mechanism from external damage. This awning has a simple design and is made using the highest quality brackets to promote longevity. As with the Bobcat, it can be made using over 200 different awning fabrics so your business branding or personal interior style needn’t be hindered. The Puma is also available with either a mechanical gearbox or an RTS Somfy Motor option, depending on your nee.
The A101 Tiger
The Tiger is designed to withstand a whole host of different weather conditions and elements. Effectively reduce wear and tear with the sleek and compact design. It offers exceptional weather protection and has the strength to withstand strong rains and winds. The inclusion of SPLENDOR invisible arm tensioning provides additional strength and durability along with corrosion resistant, powder coated hardware. Again, the Tiger is operated using the RTS Somfy Motor operation, a feature we will touch on later in this post.
The A101 Jaguar
Noted as the strongest non-cassette patio awning manufactured here in the UK, this awning is able to withstand the strongest winds. Again, corrosion resistant and powder coated aluminium hardware merges with stainless steel components for strength. It can be adjusted between 15-degrees and 45-degrees in pitch and has the option of either face-fix or top-fix installation. This awning is ideal for both commercial and residential properties with the ability to extend up to 4000m if required.
The A101 Panther
The Panther is the strongest patio awning made here in the UK. Like the Jaguar, it can extend up to 4000m in projection while withstanding the strongest winds. For added stability, the awning features multiple installation points and cross-over arm options to suit your individual requirements. Perfect for larger patios and commercial buildings, it can be operated either mechanically or via the RTS Somfy Motor operation. Choose the Panther for commercial properties and your beloved garden where relaxing with family is vital.
The A101 Ocelot
If you’re seeking a neat and elegant look, the Ocelot is the ideal choice. It offers cost-effective design along with both shading and screening. A fixed pivot point allows the pitch adjusts 0 – 60-degrees. When retracted, the Ocelot sits compactly within a slim and flush cassette, offering weather protection and integrated design. A mechanical gearbox or the RTS Somfy Motor operation are your two options for power.
Operation – The RTS Somfy Motor
If you choose an automated motor for your electric awning, you benefit from a whole host of features. A remote controls these mechanisms. This allows you to sit comfortably while adjusting the shade coverage and means you can suit everyone’s individual needs. Automatic motors also help to maintain taut canvas across the frame and provide a gentle operation that minimises wear and tear.
Somfy Smart Home
Another way to improve the ease and usability of your awning is through the Somfy Smart Home system. The system connects from anywhere in the world through your smartphone or tablet. Your voice controls the settings and adjustments. By downloading the TaHoma app, you can adjust the coverage of your awnings according to the sun exposure or create the perfect haven to return to after a long trip. Just another reason why our commercial and retractable patio awnings are perfect for every type of family home.
When it comes to styling your bathroom, it’s common to fall into two groups. The ones who love a challenge and those looking for ease. Bathrooms are notoriously hard to style, especially bathroom blinds. They are moisture-rich environments. Here damp and mould presents a real issue. Liquid related damage drastically reduces the lifespan of your home accessories and presents problems in terms of maintenance. And, as a room where you clean and wash your body, you need this space to be exceptionally hygienic.
Wooden window blinds have long been a popular choice for interior stylists the world over. Elegant yet practical, they have an impressive durability. This lends them perfectly to use with children or in high-traffic environments while also injecting a premium feel into any room. And, to top it all off, wooden blinds can regularly be found nestled in the yearly interior trends that swarm designer newsletters. Every single year, they pop back up in a variety of different colours or styled in a unique manner to further capture the eye of those who love their homes.
As interior design trends continue to fluctuate year on year, there is one consistent that pops up regularly. The colour grey. Whereas other styles such as animal print and velvet accessories fade into a distant memory, grey manages to stick around. And grey blinds form a significant part of this.
So, it’s time to style your kid’s bedrooms. But, with such a wide variety of different options, how do you know where to start. True to form here at Lifestyle Blinds Direct, we believe that the right children’s blinds can help to inspire their entire room design, ensure they get the best nights sleep and give them the privacy they need to grow up happily. Style and trends change constantly. Finding a timeless design that lasts from infancy through to late teens can be challenging. Blinds, in all their different designs and styles, are a low-cost and effective solution. They provide durability and all-day effective light control. This informative guide dives into some of the vital considerations you, as a parent, should take into account when it comes to choosing children’s blinds for the rooms in your home.